Nelson Saucer Wall Sconce
by Herman Miller
At A Glance:
George Nelson designed his famous Nelson Bubble Lamps in 1952. Inspired by silken Swedish hanging lamps, he used newer technologies to replicate the gentle white light that he found so entrancing. Consisting of a sturdy metal frame and plastic shell, these famous light fixtures appear soft yet durable. The organic shape and neutral white color further adds to the timeless and approachable silhouette that these lamps will bring to your home or office.
This UFO inspired piece is sure to start conversations. The Nelson Saucer Wall Sconce is part of George Nelson's great collection of wonderful lighting options, this one appealing to those with more extraterrestrial proclivities. Mount this neat fixture next to your bed, desk, or sofa for some warm light.
Part of the Herman Miller Lighting Collection.
- Overall Dimensions: 7" h x 17.5" w x 17.5" d
- Sconce is constructed with a 2-inch-thick walnut mount and a brushed-nickel cigar steel arm that extends approximately 14 inches. Bulb is not included.
- Sconce comes in four unique bubble styles: Ball, Cigar, Pear, and Saucer.
- Sconces come with a 12-foot cord. Product is UL-listed and rated for bulbs up to 150 watts, except for the Saucer which is rated for a 60 watt bulb.
- Sconce arm has a swivel hinge and adjustable 144-inch long plug-in cord with a counterweight, allowing for height adjustment from left-to-right, and up-and-down, without saucer having to change its position on the wall.
- Designed by George Nelson
- Original production was in 1952
Materials & Measurements
Materials: Plastic coating over a steel wire-frame, brushed, nickel-plated steel
Overall: 7" h x 17.5" w x 17.5" d
Sconce shade: 7" h x 17.5" w
Wall-mount diameter: 4.5" h
Adjustable 12-foot plug-in cord
Assembly Required: Yes
About the Manufacturer
Herman Miller Authorized Retailer
Herman Miller is an industry leader in the integration of cutting edge technology to furniture and other household items to make everyday life more comfortable, convenient, and stylish. Herman Miller stands out at the forefront of such fields as ergonomic technologies, environmentally friendly manufacturing processes, and customizable furniture items.
In addition to producing some of the most outstanding office furniture in the world, Herman Miller has also taken on the responsibility of manufacturing some of the most celebrated furniture designs by some of the world's most famous designs. These "modern classics" include works by Charles and Ray Eames, George Nelson, and Isamu Noguchi. Herman Miller celebrates these famous mid-century designers' works through its extraordinarily precise manufacturing techniques and industry-leading green production processes.
Herman Miller is a global company with operations, sales offices, dealers, and licensees in more than 40 countries in North America, Asia/Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Latin America, serving customers virtually anywhere in the world. Herman Miller is headquartered in Zeeland, Michigan, while manufacturing facilities are located in the U.S., China, Italy, and the United Kingdom.