Saarinen Outdoor Side Table, 20" Diameter
designed by Eero Saarinen
At A Glance:
The Saarinen Outdoor Side Table, a smaller and more portable version of the Dining Table design, is slight, modern, and elegant. Whether your balcony or patio is in the sun or shade, this outdoor version of Saarinen's classic side table design will serve you well.
What's To Like:
- The simple beauty of the table, to start with.
- Now add the fact that it's a legitimately classic design.
- And it's happy outdoors - it won't stain or yellow with age.
- This table qualifies for museum induction, and as far as art goes it's incredibly useful.
What's Not to Like:
As with all the tables in this series, this outdoor side table isn't going to fit in perfectly with just any design scheme. But when it does fit in, it really makes a statement.
The Bottom Line:
The Saarinen Outdoor Side Table is a gorgeous addition to nearly any outdoor space. It's a legitimate all-time classic, and a thrill to own.
- Overall dimensions: 13.75" h x 20" diameter
- Beveled tabletop edge
- Abrasion-resistant base with Rilsan finish
- Top is engineered stone that won't stain or yellow with age
- Top attaches to base with threaded steel rod
- Simple assembly required
- Knoll logo is stamped into the base of the table
- Table top has a nameplate underneath with Saarinen's signature
Materials & Measurements
The Saarinen Outdoor End Table has:
- Engineered stone top comprised of 93% fused quartz
- Top does not yellow or stain and is scratch resistant
- Cast aluminum Rilsan-coated abrasion resistant base
- Phenolic subtop
- Stainless steel connection hardware
13.75" h x 20" w
About the Manufacturer
Founded in 1938, Knoll has nurtured many of the most inspiring and iconic furniture designs of the last century. With an extensive collection of modern classic furniture for the home as well as cutting-edge office furniture with a focus on functionality as well as aesthetics, Knoll is at the forefront of how furniture interacts with us and affects us in our daily lives.
GREENGUARD indoor air quality certified. You'll probably end up using this table indoors as much as on your balcony.
About the Designer
Knoll was well known for utilizing European talent, and many items in their furniture collection were designed by Scandinavians. Eero Saarinen, originally from Finland, would become one of the most renowned designers of the mid-twentieth century. After studying architecture at Yale, Saarinen collaborated with contemporary Charles Eames and designed numerous furniture classics and buildings that would help define American style and aesthetics.
Saarinen's most famous works in the Knoll collection are the Womb Chair and Tulip Chair, but he also designed a series of dining and side tables as well as office-oriented chairs. His architectural achievements include the Gateway Arch in St. Louis and the Dulles Airport in Washington DC.