Turnstone Cobi Stool by Steelcase
Don't see a configuration you like? Customize your Turnstone Cobi Stool by Steelcase.
Cobi Stool by Turnstone
designed by Turnstone Design Studio and Luke Pearson of PearsonLloyd
Meet Cobi, the newest addition to Turnstone's home office and task seating collection.
At A Glance:
The Cobi Chair and Stool are sometimes referred to as being very "Mac-ish," because its design is so similar to the bulky, white Apple monitors of years past. The Cobi Stool, too, has a white outline with bright, bold color on the seat and seat back, and the design of the chair makes it appear to be unfolding, the way a laptop might. It's also quite small and slight.
What's To Like:
The smallness of the stool and the complete lack of bulk or clutter when it comes to adjustments, armrests, and features, make it very freeing. The stool was designed so that you could constantly shift positions without getting uncomfortable. The open design of the chair combined with the bright, light-hued color makes the stool so fresh you may want to slap it. And it starts at $639, so if the aforementioned slapping episode were to get out of hand, you could replace it very easily.
What's Not to Like:
Again, this is not a stool for tall, large, or heavy people. It can't hold just any old passenger in a deeply comfortable way. There are also no big features and few adjustments.
The Bottom Line:
It's high gloss, high fun, high color and style, and it's meant to embrace movement. This is not a work-ten-hour-days chair, or a one-size-fits-all heavy duty work chair. It's the fun, fresh Cobi.
Standard Cobi Stool features include:
- Flexing top edge: The Cobi stool allows users to rest their heads, arms, backs, even legs on top of the stool, supporting a variety of postures. The flexing edge takes pressure off the back, shoulders and limbs that use it for support, as well as increases circulation. Cobi makes you more comfortable, looser and more free to move as you please.
- Flexing back: Provides comfort and support for users. The Cobi also conforms and contours to the shape and pressure of your back and shoulders.
- Flexing seat: Encourages users to move and shift, and allows for any variety of postures. Whether you're laid back or posture-perfect, Cobi works for you.
- Weight-activated mechanism: Sensing your center of gravity, the Cobi adjusts to the position that will put the least amount of stress on the back, shoulders and legs, while still keeping you properly oriented and supported.
- Adjustable Seat height: Cobi accommodates different heights and leg lengths. To raise or lower the Cobi stool, just pull the lever up.
- Adjustable Foot Ring
Raise or lower the foot ring height up to 4 inches.
Choose from a wide variety of configurations, from a large selection of upholstery colors and base and frame finishes, arms or no arms - Cobi fits virtually any work style and any space.
The Turnstone Cobi Stool is also known by the following manufacturer item numbers: 434710, 434711.
See all product information and details here