Steelcase Limited Warranty by Smart Furniture
Steelcase & Turnstone Limited Lifetime Warranty
Steelcase Inc. warrants that Steelcase® and Turnstone® brand products sold at SmartFurniture.com are free from defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the product, except as noted below. This warranty is valid from the date of delivery, regardless of shift usage, and covers the original purchaser for products delivered in the United States.
Warranty does not apply to product failure or loss resulting from:
- Normal wear and tear
- Failure to apply, install or maintain products according to published Steelcase instructions and guidelines
- Abuse, misuse, or accident
- Alteration or modification of the product
- The substitution of any unauthorized non-Steelcase components for use in the place of Steelcase components in an integrated product solution; such substitute components include but are not limited to worksurfaces, leg supports, panels, brackets, shelves, overhead bins and other integral components.
Warranty does not cover:
- Replacement parts are covered for 2 years or the balance of the original warranty, whichever is longer.
- Products considered consumables (e.g., lamps) Huddleboard Ledge Grabbers, Markerboard Grips and Flip Chart Pegs.
- Variations occurring in surface materials (e.g., matching grains, textures and colors across dissimilar substrates and lots).
- Select and Custom Surfaces and materials are only warranted for their application on the specified product. These materials are not covered, except as warranted by the original supplier, for quality, colorfastness, shade variations or abrasion.
- Steelcase textiles purchased through the cut yardage program are only warranted for defects in manufacturing of the material.
Warranty provides exclusive remediesPursuant to this Limited Warranty, if a product fails under ordinary use as a result of a defect in materials or workmanship, Steelcase will (i) repair or, at Steelcase’s option, replace the affected product at no charge, with a new or refurbished product of comparable function, performance and quality, or (ii) refund the purchase price for the affected product if repair or replacement is not commercially practicable or cannot be timely made.
- A product “defect” means an inadequacy in the materials or workmanship of the product that (i) existed at the time when you received the product from Steelcase or a Steelcase Authorized Reseller and (ii) causes a failure of the product to perform under ordinary use in accordance with the materials and documentation accompanying the product.
- An “ordinary use” means use of the product (i) in conformance with all applicable local, state or federal laws, codes and regulations (including without limitation building and/or electrical codes) and (ii) in accordance with manufacturer recommendations and/or instructions in the materials and documentation accompanying the product.
- A “Steelcase Authorized Reseller” means any dealer that (i) is legally permitted to conduct business in the jurisdiction where the product is sold, (ii) is duly authorized by Steelcase to sell the product, and (iii) sells the product new and in its original packaging.